Monday 4 June 2012

Soup Season

Winter is knocking on my door, as are the debt collectors (joke Dad), as is the roll of fat that always appears around my waist every July. So after another inspirational meander around Bondi Farmers Markets, I decided to kick off Soup Season with two, new tasty contenders that went down a treat at home and will hopefully last me the week - thrifty!  

Carrot & Coriander and White Bean, chorizo, thyme both topped with sour cream, avocado, lashings of black pepper accompanied with soft flat breads in an attempt to lower my carb intake and look a little bit restaurant-like. And for those of you who know me, chilli flakes but you don't need to add these if your chilli obsession isn't like mine - obsessed.com. 

Carrot & Coriander - silky smooth, soothing and bludy tasty, look at that orangy goodness and all for a bit of chopping, boiling and blending.


           

White Bean, chorizo, thyme - warms the cockles, textured, herby hits Latino- style goodness all cooked in 10 mins, GET IN CELERY! (Sorry I didn't clean the plate around the edges but this was taken at work on my iPhone and I would have looked a bit odd...)



And I just had to share my version of rolled eggs that I bought at at the markets and made for myself and then the boy, he chowed them down in a few seconds so I think that's a good sign. Free range, boiled for 3 mins so still soft and gooey rolled in chopped parsley, salt and pepper, served with fried silverbeet, sweet cherry tomatoes and crusty bread from Nio and Tony's, my AMAZING corner store that sells the world.


Ok, so if my tasty weekend couldn't get any better I was invited to my newly engaged, beautiful chum's pimping pad in Liz Bay for a delicious meal followed by one of life's good things Maggie G's amazing Burnt Fig and Caramel ice cream...i die/ get fatter!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment