Thursday 14 June 2012

Portobello with Pa

Not so long ago, I made a quick trip home to the UK for a very special little ladies wedding. The days flew by catching up with my amazing friends, so I decided to take my London-born Dad on an outing to Notting Hill's buzzing Portobello Market to check out the produce, people watch, hang out with Dad and remind him of where he used to sink a beer or two. 

So many amazing vintage pieces
Furrrrrrr coats in every colour and style
Jubilee Madness
Dad is a massive foodie with a great passion for good quality, locally sourced, simple and in season ingredients which is where I must get it from. He taught me about always spending as much as you can on well loved meat, free- range chooks and eggs and supporting local producers where possible. It was one of my best days of the holiday - Rule Brittania!
English strawberries on a Union Jack flag - nothing quite like it.
Pa and the flag close to my heart
We stumbled across a food stall area that was like stepping into the shoe floor in Harrods for some girls. Heaving with beautifully made dishes from all around the world, the music was pumping and people were enjoying delicious, freshly cooked foods in the chilled out, sunny seating area. It was such an inspiring, friendly place to be I didn't know where to start, so we just ate our way around the market - no need to mock British cuisine any more.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment