Tuesday 26 June 2012

Bad Boy Bakers

Picture this, it's 6.30am on a chilly Saturday morning. No (to my sisters) I am not just getting home from a big night out, I am at Glebe Markets queuing up to nab ourselves a market stall to sell the contents of my wardrobe that embarrassingly could (badly) dress a small country.

I am H.U.N.G.R.Y and would rather be in B.E.D (shock). 

Never leave me.....
Knowing how my mood can deteriorate at a scary speed, my patient bestie (equally but less aggressively ravenous) marches my jelly legs to a welcoming little bakery, instantly lifting my mood within seconds of spying shelves heaving with freshly baked goodness at the La Banette Patisserie, Glebe Point Road.

Saving lives with pastry one croissant at a time
Warming and inviting aromas of flaky, buttery croissants, rustic breads and freshly ground coffee jolt us awake like my alarm clock cruelly did at 5.00am this morning. 

Yeah, I am rustic, hipster and nutritional - kinda
Preferring the latter, I opt for a chai tea (sounds hipster but I don't drink coffee as I talk enough already and meetings with me on caffeine are scary) and said croissant which arrive beautifully presented and HOT.

Morning perfection
Friendly and helpful staff who have been up since stupid o'clock making people like me happy again (Bondi cafe/ restaurant staff take note - smiling is good in hospitality and customers asking questions is normal)talk us through their delectable delights that have all been baked in the wee hours.


Spot the black sheep of the family
The friendly bakeress, awesomeness
Dusted dreams
Australia's Next Top Pastry finalists
La Banette Patisserie really is a cosy slice of rustic Parisian charm, unpretentious, well priced and lets the truly amazing range of products do the talking. 
Half scoffed before the camera had a chance
Just lie here and play dead
Carb crash


Bon Appetite Chompers!


No comments:

Post a Comment